Façade Grants are here!
The City has established a Façade Grant program to encourage economic growth, stimulate private investment and help great a more inviting downtown. The City will provide 50% reimbursement of the funding for a project up to $5,000 for eligible improvements to the appearance of a building in the Historic Preservation and East Main Streetscape areas.
Examples of eligible improvements for the Façade Grant funding include but are not limited to:
- Removal of false façades
- Brick cleaning, including chemical stripping, water wash or scraping (Power washing or sandblasting is not approved)
- Repairing and/or replacing windows and doors
- Repairing or installing new awnings
- Structural repair
- Installation of exterior lighting
- Replacement and replication of original architectural deetails
Examples of ineligible improvements include:
- Power washing or sandblasting
- Roof repairs
- Parking lot improvements
The applicant must include a Certificate of Appropriateness from the Historic Preservation Board along with their application. The Certificate of Appropriateness application can be downloaded here.
The Façade Grant application can be found here.
The map of the eligible buildings can be found here.
Once approved, the Façade Grant agreement can be found here.