Facade Grant Applications
It’s almost Façade Grant time! For this cycle, we will be accepting applications on a rolling basis from July 1-December 1. If a project has not commenced within six (6) months, the awarded amount will be distributed to another applicant.
The Façade Grant is a program where the City will provide 50% reimbursement of the funding for a project up to $5,000 for eligible improvements to the appearance of a building in the Historic Preservation and East Main Streetscape areas.
Examples of eligible improvements for the Façade Grant funding include but are not limited to:
- Removal of false façades
- Brick cleaning, including chemical stripping, water wash or scraping (Power washing or sandblasting is not approved)
- Repairing and/or replacing windows and doors
- Repairing or installing new awnings
- Structural repair
- Installation of exterior lighting
- Replacement and replication of original architectural details
Examples of ineligible improvements include:
- Power washing or sandblasting
- Roof repairs
- Parking lot improvements
The applicant must include a Certificate of Appropriateness from the Historic Preservation Board along with their application. The application can be downloaded here.